Tuesday, March 15, 2011

14 Mar 2011 - Pedras Area (Mom)

[Mom taught a lesson on the Word of Wisdom on Sunday, discussing how it applies to both physical and spiritual health.] I didn't think much about the Word of Wisdom until I got here. You are exactly right. In the MTC I was just teaching that it gives us physical blessings and I was speaking of the 5 things we shouldn't ingest (coffee, cigarretes, alcohol, black tea, and drugs) but here in the mission we usually read 1 Corint 3:16 that tells that our bodies are gifts of God and that is where the spirit dwells. That is why we need to keep the Word of Wisdom, because if we break it the spirit will leave and we won't have it. People always ask why we need to follow this stuff. People say because it's bad, it will kill you, etc. However, we should follow it because God said we should, it doesn't really matter why. I remember the Word of Wisdom lesson we had when I was in Preston with Dad to receive the priesthood. They were talking about how we can't eat any food that is processed because it is radiated and random stuff like that. Ask Dad about it. There are some crazy people out there.
 
This is going to be a tough week for me, my mind will be occupied but I hope I can focus on the Lord. In fact, I know I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment