[I made a comment about Jeffrey's tendency to write in stream of consciousness mode.] It's hard ok, I can't waste my time writing outlines and then proof reading them so they pass your webpost standards, that's why I hired you as my editor. I'll give it a try though
[Michael is not engaged, so apparently he hasn't embraced the counsel of the prophets yet. Michael and Lauren have just two weeks of school left, the funnest part, finals and all that.] Verily Verily, Michael, my beloved brother, has not asked a young lady's hand in marriage yet? Outrageous, simply revolting! He should be aware of his eternal life rather than ponder on this pathetic, secular world. By jove! Finals are a tif are they not? However, after my return I will bring many reputable saints from the Brazilian Catholic community to aid me in my tests in the designated testing areas. I will have to procure a suitable place to light my candles though.
[I missed the special on Christ between General Conference sessions.] There was indeed a special about Jesus Christ in between the sessions on Saturday and surely enough Sunday as well. It was split into 2 ravishing episodes if I do say so myself.
[Hm, there must be some sort of job where you can study history and travel around the world and get paid lots of money for it.] Sadly, after receiving information about the BYU Jerusalem center, my hopes were dashed asunder by the capital required to assist such a fine institution. $10,000!!! (Roughly R$17,000 if I were to assist such a place here in Brazil ) However, I do meet all the other requirements to go. I will just have to find a suitable location to sell my "rubbish" organs that I don't use much.
[Yes, Jesus the Christ does come in a hardbound copy, but most LDS folk are too cheap to buy it. I have a leather-bound scripture-like version, but that is from the prehistoric days of my mission where people didn't have anything else to spend money on.] Is it bound in geniune Mammoth leather, or T Rex leather to match your coin purse?
[Do they know where the Fortaleza temple will be built yet?] Why of course! They have already purchased the land to build the temple! It is in Aldeota, residing near the downtown area of the city, where, in fact, the Mission Office happens to reside as well! It is in the area duly named "Dunas" perhaps because it is near the beach and thus the dunes. I haven't the foggiest though why it has that name to be honest.
I pray for the people in our humble area quite often because, sadly, many don't put much value to the attendance of Sunday church meetings. We teach many people about the Restored Gospel, but, in turn, many of the people don't desire such messages. They simply stop after the 1st lesson. Transfers occurred today and I was blessed enough to remain in the same area, with the same companion as well. So we have precisely 6 more weeks to do our Savior's work here. Things should begin to make a truly miraculous turn aroud however. We were blessed by finding an inactive member that stopped us on the street to ask if the church was functioning (since the building was recently constructed, 2 stories too, I might have already said that). We told her that it was, and we stopped by her house another day. We were surprised to discover that she was already a member. We have been able to teach her children though and to help in get married so that her husband can get married. Things should be rather blissful if all goes well!
And thus ends the tale of Elder Hawkes. The Lord lives and He is our Savior. We can repent for any sin that we may committ. I am sure about that, hand your life over to the Lord and let Him work miracles.
Was that better? I even made paragraphs for you and a conclusion.
No comments:
Post a Comment