Sunday, May 29, 2011

29 May 2011 - Pedras Area

I forgot all about Memorial Day, that's ironic.

[I mentioned some near tornadoes we had near our house.] My Texan companion said that they had a tornado somewhere too that was ripping people out of car doors..cool. We had a 'It's gonna be a hot day' alarm go off today, and yesterday, and the day before that and before that.... :) That's the weather here. 

[I was going to answer a question Jeffrey asked about, but I failed to take notes at a meeting with Elder Oaks and couldn't remember the details.] Next time take notes on ALL the things that the apostles talk about :)

["When Mom saw your picture with your mouth stuffed with sunflower seeds she said something like, 'Hey, that's from his birthday package! That stinker!'"] Those were the seeds from Christmas actually, mold doesn't take to salty, baked seeds so I can keep them for a while. That was when my companion was sick so I just decided to take pictures of random stuff. 

["Hey, make sure you get some photos of the monkeys in the trees. The only wildlife I remember seeing in Central America were a few parrots, big frogs, and dead, stinky, rotting dogs in the streets. I didn't take pictures of them, so now I only have the smells to remember them by. (Sniff, sniff. Pee yew. Hey! That reminds me of Nicaragua!)"] I got some pictures of the monkeys in the backyard. They are a little bit fuzzy and the tried to attack me too, but whatever. I see lizards and that's about it. I see a lot of dead cats stuffed into bags. I get those same poignant smells too, especially when our house runs out of water. So we can't flush the toilet, if you know what I'm saying..... :) 

Well my companion is from Texas....Corpus Christi to be exact. We are having a rather dandy time here in Rocks. He knows a lot of scriptures and stuff like that. I don't really take time to memorize them, so he helps me a lot in that way. We have a good time doing the Lord's work. We do a lot of stuff differently, and it's good. We teach with a lot of love and it's good. I'm going to enjoy this transfer. It's fun being with Americans. We make pies and cookies and BBQ and stuff like that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment