[Well, it seems Brazil is rubbing off on Texas, considering that it is blazing hot and summer hasn't even officially started yet.] Good Texas is supposed to be a hot place!
Well funny story...this week I got my package :)
[His birthday package arrived a bit early.] It would've been absurd to leave it in the house for 2 more months, so I just opened it. Now I have some food to celebrate the 4th of July. A little bit of America in Brazil.
[Since when do you know how to make a pie?] Well it's not really a pie. I'll tell you the secret. It's apples, cinnamon, sugar, more sugar, sprite (to make it sweeter), some cake mix poured on top to make a 'crust' and then sprinkle some more sugar. It's more like a diabetes cobbler. We have big dreams for our 4th of July party though, which happens to fall on P Day.
[I mentioned a thought I jotted down during a Sunday meeting: Would life without trials be sufficient to build great character? Did He who is greatest of all live without trials? Why then would we expect or want to?] Jeffrey R. Holland talked about that in the best talk ever that he gave, which unfortunately is impossible to find. You'll just have to take my word for it. He was talking about how each of us will have to experience a part of the Atonement, however small it may be. It would be selfish to think that this world would be a cake walk while the Chosen Son had to suffer beyond our imagination. It's like the 3 Nephi 11 scripture talking about baptism (You pretty much memorize that chapter on the mission and 2 Nephi 31). Jesus was holy and perfect but He too was baptized. Us being imperfect need such an ordinance much more. So Jesus, being perfect, suffered for all of our sins. Us being mortals need such suffering to become better, more 'refined'.
No comments:
Post a Comment