[Our stake will be fasting for rain next Fast Sunday.] Fasting for rain? No then you guys won't break the record! :) Is it
really that bad? You stay inside all day, I bet you don't even realize
that it is hot outside.
I bought a camera already. It was the
cheapest that I could find, that wasn't a piece of junk. I got a
discount for paying in cash and I persuaded the lady to do it for less.
Well kind of...I told her I had to go and get my money and she said No
No!! I'll take off 20 more! I guess she thought I was running away to
buy somewhere else. Oh well discounts! It's usually the opposite, when
they see an American the price magically doubles. It's a kodak, it's
pretty cool. I got it for R$320. Too bad I bought it before the dollar
went up 10 cents darn. Everyone tells me that the US is plummeting into
despair, but as long as the dollar keeps going up I'm good. I already
have all my pictures backed up on my USB and DVDs, maybe one day I'll
send them.
[I told him about an experience I had in Nicaragua teaching a group of argumentative college kids where I ended up just stopping, bearing my testimony, and leaving.] Those college kids never want to listen to anything. They think they
are soo smart :) Once again the area is hard and it is hard to keep my
chin up when everything is not working out at all. We try and try and
nothing happens and all the members just turn their heads and don't pay
attention. It's been awhile since I've had baptisms, which is rare here.
Baptisms makes the work so much easier, it's so much more fun to work
and do stuff when you actually meet your goal. I'm just chugging along,
but who knows what will happen. Sometimes Satan tells me that I can't do
it, that I don't know enough yet to help the people etc. I have to say
that sometimez I believe him. It's hard but I'm praying and waiting.
No comments:
Post a Comment