[Fort Worth currently in second place on 100 degree day record for year, but finally dropped below 100.] Living it up in the heat. Texas is
getting cooler and Fortaleza starts the dry season, the best of all
seasons. Too bad I switched my shoes, the ones with the holes didn't
work too well in the rainy season. Good bye to the rain until December.
I have some bad news....remember the bat attack a month ago? It
happened again. This time it was an angry mother bat trying to save her
child. The other one was random bats falling from the ceiling. My
companion was acting all manly because he didn't know the dangers of
bats like I do ;) He thought it was a bird. When he saw that it was a
bat he screamed and dove on the ground and army crawled everywhere. This
bat flew and swooped at us, definitely going for the eyes. Finally we
got it out but then we realized that it had a baby inside. So we got the
baby on the broomstick and cracked the door open and stuck out the
broomstick... Whew. This is clearly the most dangerous mission of them
all. I can only imagine the jaguar attacks that the elders have to deal
with in the Amazons ;)
This week we had an investigator ask us why we didn't tell miracles
and crazy cool things and why we all say the same thing during fast and
testimony meeting. We tried to explain to them why but they didn't
really understand. They assumed that stories like that would be more
powerful to convert people. We talked about Jesus and how people saw Him
do miracles and still didn't believe. The crazy old lady that insists
on battling every word I say was there babbling on for hours. Sometimes
you just want to throw garden chairs at people like that, but I
can't.... So I was praying and asking that the Lord would help me bear a
powerful, simple testimony to show them the power that it has. So He
helped me and I did just that. It was wonderful. They all just went
silent as a bore my simple testimony that I know without a doubt that
Jesus Christ is our Savior. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I
know that Joseph Smith was a Prophet called of God. I know these things
because My Almighty Father in Heaven revealed these things to me through
His Holy Spirit. No miracles or grandiose things testified that to me. I
was told! The Holy Spirit gave me that certainty. Oh how I know it is
true and nothing is greater than that! This is the true Church that
Jesus Christ put upon this Earth. That is my testimony, I embrace it, I
share it, I try every day to increase it, I need it.
No comments:
Post a Comment