Monday, October 10, 2011

10 Oct 2011 - Jardim América Area (Dad)

I have no idea where my future is going. Right now June 2012 is the end of my life :) I don't really think about what is going to happen after that. Besides the world is ending 2012 anyways :) The future is a swirly cloud of despair and uncertainty for now at least. Who knows what is going to do down. It is hard to always keep your head up though. That is probably the hardest thing to do. Pres. Uchtdorf (hey he talked about Uncle Carl didn't he? ;)) helped me a lot though. His talk was majestic. It was really good and powerful. He is an Apostle of God, he cannot lie! Therefore, we must believe him when he says God loves us, He knows us. That was good. Sometimes it doesn't have the same affect when your friend says it or someone like that. You think  "Well how do you know?" But when an apostle says it you are like "Yeah, for sure!"
 
The real reason that I don't think much about life after the mission is because I'm so happy here. This week was killer and I'm starting to feel the pains of old age and 1 year 4 months walking in the blazing sun. Older missionaries always complained that they were tired and hurting but I never felt that. Now I felt it :) I'm sick too, so that doesn't help. It's just so good here on the mission. Life isn't easier, but it is more complete. You have a purpose, you have the desire and all you do is work to fulfill it. You don't have to worry about balancing family, work, and church. It's a paradise. It goes by relatively fast though. Sometimes it's a long day, sometimes it isn't long enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment