[Yum, chicken liver. I actually like liver.] Ewww
liver. I have had chicken liver and cow liver. They tricked me with the
cow liver though. They made it look just like steak and called it
liver in Portuguese instead of english ;) This was back in the day so I
didn't know. I just thought it was nasty horse meat or something.
[I can't remember if I told you that your sister is taking a hockey class this semester.] Hockey class? I use to play street hockey in front of our house. Does
she play on ice? I was thinking about walking on the BYU football
team....haha just kidding. Maybe I could do it and they would make a
movie called Jeffrey after I play for one down like Rudy. :) Maybe I'll
just join a intramural football team if I can find any friends. I have
been doing my pushups and stuff. Trying at least. I won't come back too
morbidly obese. Just the beginning stages :) Stock the fridge with
donuts and pork rinds.
I'm trying to do all the good that I can. Missionary work changes
lives. It changes me and it changes my family and it changes the people
that I teach. I'm glad that I went and I can see the Lord preparing me
and I see His hand in the timing that I left too. Not many young men,
maybe none, truly understand the importance of a mission until they go
on it. I feel proud to be counted among the 54ish thousands that are
out. Soon I will be just another statistic :) Sometimes I just stare at
my name tag and wonder what it will be like when I have to take it off. I
always imagine Elder Hawkes in the New England area and my pops Elder
Hawkes in Costa Rica, and surrounding "neigborhoods". That skinny white
Elder Hawkes in Thailand. I'm proud that they are my family and that I
carry the same 2 names on my nametag. They were much better than I am
but I can only imagine the great amount of success that you had in the
Costa Rica San Jose mission. You don't talk about it much because you
are humble and I know it meant the world to you. I got that without you
having to tell me millions of mission stories. :) I'm thankful for the Lord
Jesus Christ and His holy name. He makes my mission worth everything. It
would be useless to teach of Him if He never died and paid for our
sins.
No comments:
Post a Comment