Monday, March 19, 2012

19 Mar 2012 - Bom Jardin Area (Mom)

[Mom wrote some quotes she found about missionary work, one of which was this: "Was looking for some inspiring missionary tale and found this quote: Lady missionaries seem to be more tolerant and understanding than the elders. A lady missionary also seems to have far less of a challenge in getting motivated and putting in hours that are dedicated to the Lord."] Those are lies about sister missionaries :)

[Quentin L. Cook on becoming effective missionaries: "First, be a missionary all your life. Second, overcome feelings of hesitancy or inadequacy. Third, do not be discouraged because missionary work is hard. Elder Jeffrey Holland of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, in speaking about how hard missionary work is and has been, said: 'I am convinced that missionary work is not easy because salvation is not a cheap experience. Salvation never was easy.'
Fourth, be a good example and take every opportunity to share the gospel."] I have heard the 3rd quote before. It is part of the greatest talks of all time! I haven't been able to find it on audio or anything but oh well.

Time seems to be crawling by which is a good thing I guess. I told the Lord that these last 11 weeks would be my best and I would keep going and He could let Satan do his thing. It seems like he has done just that. This was a hard week. My brain got wasted a few days and my body was killing me in all sorts of ways for the 1st few days. I had no desire at all for the 1st part of the week. My companion was getting on my nerves too :) I had no confidence in my Portuguese at all. Basically I felt like I had 2 months on the mission again. I kept going though and things got better. It is a lot better now. I just want to finish strong and be an example to the newer people that are around me. Most people just assume that a missionary is dead when he has 3 months left. So I just have to prove them wrong. Things are not easier and I guess I will get a lot more blessings because of that. I'm glad that I'm serving. I'm often surprised that I was able to do it since I have never done anything in my life. I always gave up. I have so much to learn still.

No comments:

Post a Comment