Tuesday, March 27, 2012

26 Mar 2012 - Bom Jardin Area (Dad)

I didn't even look at the details in the flight plans. I didn't know that I had a 6 hour layover. It will be a good time to preach in the airport or something ;) Maybe they will have a taco bell or something cool like that in the airport. Those are all hopeless dreams though because the São Paulo airport isn't that big. They actually have an international airport here in Fortaleza but I guess it is cheaper to get a connecting flight to São Paulo then Dallas. Who knows, the church lady bought the tickets. She isn't the one that will have to wait for 6 hours. I couldn't find a sweet machete so it looks like the mission tradition is done for. I went on a shopping spree today, kind of. I think I got everything. There isn't that much stuff here.

[... God does not judge us by our talents or achievements. He doesn't compare us to anyone else. In fact, it makes absolutely no difference how we compare to anyone. Nobody can "earn" their way to exaltation. Only the Lord can bring us to exaltation, only through the infinite atonement can we be made perfect in Christ.]
Satan wants us to think we aren't good enough to gain salvation. No matter what we do, it will never be enough. Curse you Satan. I see that a lot here in the world. People just don't care. They just want to have fun and die. They think whatever church will save them or memorizing prayers will be enough for salvation. These poor souls. The more you understand the gospel and the eternal punishment for those that deny Christ, the more you want to help the people. You just look around at the people. You feel a godly sorrow for the people that you teach and call you crazy because we have another 'Bible'. Mormon (or is it Moroni?) and Nephi will be at the judgement bar testifying about the truthfulness of the gospel and it will be a sad day. We had a girl this week that told us she felt bad for being baptized and she wanted to take that decision back. She was being childish and joking and lying and just saying dumb stuff. She is like 17 years old. She told us to rip up her baptismal record. It was just a sad message and I just walked away thinking "Forgive her for she knows not what she does." The answer and help is there, it is on this earth again. People just don't look for it. We hide it from them sometimes as members.

No comments:

Post a Comment