I wasn't able to see the priesthood session. They tape it and show it
Sunday morning at 8 o´clock but we were looking for investigators to go
to the conference sessions. We walked a lot and it rained a ton then the
blazing sun came out to dry us off and soak us with sweat once again.
For all of that hard work a total of 0 people came too :) Good ole
missionary work. I'm one in 55,000 though so I'm not alone.
[Did you notice Ryan in the priesthood session choir?] I didn't see Ryan but I saw David Archuleta in the Saturday
sessions. I think he is in the last song of the afternoon session. They
show him at the very end of the song. That is weird that he is serving a
mission :) What group sang in the priesthood session? The Utah kids get
all of the luck. The only time that I went to watch conference and see
the prophets, they made us go into a secret overflow area in the
conference center....The Utah kids get to see the Apostles all the time
;) My old companion use to ski with Russell M Nelson's grandson and talk
to him on the slopes. My closest tie to the Apostles is Uncle Carl ;)
[Lauren's been enjoying the life of a carefree college student again (OK,
college life is carefree only in certain respects, but in a lot more
ways than post college life is). She went wakeboarding in Arizona with
her roommate this week.] That would be nice to be able to touch the water again :) I don't
know if my first choice would be slamming face-first into the water at
30 mph but it would be fun I suppose. I prefer tubing instead of
strapping wood and other blunt, heavy objects to your feet as you speed
across the water. I did go snowmobiling a few times which isn't the best
thing to do when you are from Texas. You are able to go faster on ice
or snow with the same inability to stop the gasoline-filled vehicle you
are sitting on top of. Only Utah and Idaho folk would find joy in that
:)
My college days were pretty carefree..... I always did my homework before I went to Vegas!
Conference
was good. As a missionary I have learned to love it. I just need to
learn how to do everything that they tell me to do. I know for sure that
the prophets are men of God. I have prayed and the Lord has revealed it
unto me! We must follow them and they tell us all that we need. The
Spirit will guide us to the tidbits of their talks that pertain to us.
They talked a lot about "raising our children" but I don't have any kids
yet! Does that mean I can sleep until they talk about how to find
smoking hot babes after the mission? No! The spirit guides us to what we
need and we are able to discern the gems that the Lord wants us to know
in ALL of the talks.
No comments:
Post a Comment