Monday, April 9, 2012

9 Apr 2012 - Bom Jardin Area (Dad)

[Uncle Carl is my closest tie to apostles as well, although I was part of stake conference with Elder Christofferson a year or two before he became an apostle. When they were announcing a new apostle a few years ago, his name is the first that came to my mind before they said it. It was kind of cool. Hey, now I can add that my son had a companion who used to ski with Elder Nelson's grandson!] We know that Neil L. Anderson is definitely a BYU fan from his comment a few conferences ago when BYU was doing well in basketball. I'm still waiting for the "Fort Worth area cool kids'' choir/sit with the Apostles if you can't sing well group. They didn't form this group while I was gone so I still have a chance. I remember that Elder Christofferson and Anderson were both in the Pres. of the Seventy in our area before they were called as Apostles. At least that is what I remember. Yeah me and Elder Nelson are pretty much best buds now. [Well, actually Grandma and Grandpa grew up with President Benson and also lived in the same ward back east and did things (if I remember right) with Elder and Sister Maxwell.] They did things? They probably went squirrel hunting with Grandpa.

[Your description of snowmobiling was quite eloquent. Of course a true Utahn/Idahoan would do it in camo while holding a loaded rifle and a Mountain Dew.]
This is true about the loaded rifle with Mountain Dew. You never know when a wild caribou might stroll across the road and past the barrow pit (only Idahoans know what that is ....if that is how you spell it....that is how they say it at least) and into the snowmobile trail. You get some meat and a nice cold Mountain Dew in the process. I bet you Grandpa used to do that all the time.

[I watched a video today on BYUtv that followed two brothers over 5000 days.] Over 5000 days? That is like 13 years. Who would waste their time follow two kids for 13 years. They must have had an interesting life. That would have been cool if they followed me, Michael, and Sean for 13 years. We would have some classic footage. Some PG parts for violence and beat downs ;)

[...they interviewed the older of the two while he was on his mission in Chile.] Chile? That's a good place, they save miners from certain death so they must be receptive to the gospel. Well good ole Semana Santa has come and by here in Fortaleza. The rambling wine bibbers will have to wait another year to bother the missionaries. There were a few Catholic parades with some guy carrying a cross through the streets. If he really appreciated Jesus and His sacrifice, I doubt he would parade through the streets pretending to be like Him :) That reminds me of a talk by Jeffrey R. Holland....as I am typing there currently is a wine bibber screaming. He is half drunk lying on the ground outside of the Lan house....so back to the talk. He said that people shouldn't say that they are passing through their own little Gethsemane (that is how you spell it in english right). He said we have come nowhere close to be able to say that and it mocks Jesus' sacrifice when we try to lessen it to our human durability. Something like that...probably. However, Easter is good. The Church put on a play too and toured all of Fortaleza. It was cool and we were able to take some investigators to watch it. We also got to help a random guy that almost passed out due to low blood sugar. While helping, I met a guy from another area I passed through so it was a night full of drama, action, and blasts from the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment